Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Friday, October 24, 2008

TGIF! presents...Lowen And Navarro's "Just To See You"!

I know both these singer/songwriters. Met them through my friend Justyna in Chicago. She's been playing their music for me for years - then I finally went to see them at McCabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica a year ago (2 years?) to see what the hubbub was all about. Justyna was right.

Eric Lowen (long hair on left) and Dan Navarro wrote the hit "We Belong" for Pat Benatar. They've been playing together since 1987 and are wonderful people; their songs are songs we can all relate to and their repartee on stage is very funny. I love this song (my favorite song wouldn't post via YouTube..."If You Loved Me Like That").

In 2004, Eric was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease. He can no longer play guitar. He can no longer stand - he performs from a wheel chair; but he's still performing. THEY'RE still performing.

Justyna and I saw them together in Chicago last year. I felt it was important that we both be in attendance at the concert as she's the one who introduced their music to me - and I wasn't sure when she and I would get another chance...together.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails