- Jeffrey James Ircink
- Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
- Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.
Thursday, December 31, 2015
Wednesday, December 30, 2015
Thursday, December 24, 2015
Standing at a cool 7 feet, this little lady (also known as Abies balsamea) is a favorite amongst Christmas trees. When she isn't just hanging around, she loves to donate her scent to air fresheners and incense, provide traditional remedies for colds and scurvy, and loves to participate in fir waves. All the way from Crivitz, Wisconsin...give a warm welcome to this one-of-a-kind balsam fir - "Maureen!"
I was told of one tradition of naming your Christmas tree after a favorite celebrity who passed away that year. I chose Maureen O'Hara.
Posted by Jeffrey James Ircink at 8:08 AM
Friday, November 27, 2015
- from Rudyard Kipling's "The Prodigal Son"
Posted by Jeffrey James Ircink at 7:47 PM
Saturday, November 21, 2015
November 21, 2015.
I've been keeping track of Wisconsin's first snows since I began blogging. If I could kill snow I would.
12/19/09 (big snowfall)
12/14/10 (first snowfall)
12/18/12 (first snow)
12/8/13 (can't remember - first snow or big snowfall)
Posted by Jeffrey James Ircink at 8:18 AM
Sunday, September 13, 2015
Posted by Jeffrey James Ircink at 9:57 AM
Thursday, August 6, 2015
Posted by Jeffrey James Ircink at 6:47 AM
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Friday, July 3, 2015
Thursday, June 18, 2015
We lost Molly this morning...
Brother Jas' first American water spaniel passed away this morning after having been diagnosed with lymphoma about a year ago. In just three days it'll be one month to the year when we lost Molly's younger sister, Zol. Two pups in one year - that's tough any way you look at it. I'm guessing but I think Molly was 12 1/2 and Zol was 2 years younger. You hardly see the symptoms of lymphoma in dogs until the end - Molly was active and eating on Sunday when I last saw her (as if there was nothing wrong) and then this shit.
Brother Jas is handling it a tad better because he knew it was coming sooner than later, but it's still rough on him. In the pictures, Molly's the bigger of the two. What a wonderful dog - my family loved her so much. Jas - his girls all these years...both gone. So sad. So sad indeed. and I'm very sad for Molly and my brother.
Click on READ MORE! to see more pictures of this beautiful baby...
Posted by Jeffrey James Ircink at 6:59 AM
Monday, June 15, 2015
Thursday, June 4, 2015
Congratulations on your recent graduation from the Air Force Academy!
I remember when you made your decision to attend the academy.
Posted by Jeffrey James Ircink at 6:30 AM
Monday, May 25, 2015
"Sweet are the blooming cheeks of the living!
sweet are the musical voices sounding!
But sweet, ah sweet, are the dead with their silent eyes."
- excerpt from Walt Whitman's "Ashes of Soldiers"
Posted by Jeffrey James Ircink at 12:11 PM
Sunday, May 10, 2015
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic
community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise."
- Aldo Leopold, author, scientist, forester, ecologist, conservationist and environmentalist. Born in Iowa, he spend most of his life in Wisconsin.
Posted by Jeffrey James Ircink at 7:33 AM