Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Get a grip...and a life, Michael Hunt!"

Michael Hunt is a sports columnist for the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel - my hometown newspaper. An article appeared in today's paper (thanks for the head's up, mom!) written by Mr. Hunt - "Favre taking us on a ride - again".

My response to Mr. Hunt and Letters to the Editor is as follows:


Why is the nature of journalists (and fans) to feel the need to SPEAK FOR ME and the way I FEEL about Brett Favre? Here's another great example: Michael Hunt's article in yesterday's paper, "Favre taking us on a ride - again" (MJS June 17, 2009). As Mr. Hunt's column is a personal opinion column, I would prefer his headline read: "Favre taking ME on a ride - again". You see, Brett Favre is not taking Jeff Ircink on any ride. He never has - except perhaps the "ride" of watching him play every Sunday (and that includes last season as I boycotted the Pack in favor of the Jets). Whatever Brett plans to do - unretire or stay retired - makes no difference to me. It doesn't affect my life like it obviously affects thousands of you who scream and moan that "Favre did this" and "Brett's doing that" or "oh it's that time of year again...will he or won't he?". It's his decision. The media and fans are constantly throwing phrases around like "his image is tarnished", "once he was a legend" or "my hero has fallen". You know what...that's YOUR problem - not Brett's. Or mine. Here's my phrase for all of you: "Get a a grip - and a life."

Jeff Ircink
Los Angeles (and WI native)

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails