Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Congratulations, Catherine! You're headed to Broadway, Baby!

(photo by Alisabeth)

Very exciting news. (Ms.) Catherine Blades, whom I've known since she was 2, is headed to Broadway this fall to perform in the revival of "Bye, Bye Birdie", starring John Stamos and Gina Gershon.

I've performed with (Ms.) Blades' mother, Amy (medalist in the World Figure Skating Championships), in numerous theatrical gigs in Cedar Rapids, IA. (Ms.) Blades' credits include: "Fiddler", "Urinetown", "Peter Pan", "The Wizard of Oz" and Follies (in Iowa). She also did "Blood Brothers" (which she loved, as I do, even though the rest of the world has no taste - unless you've done BB) and "Merrily We Roll Along" at Wingspan Arts Conservatory in New York and she was Amaryllis in the national tour of "The Music Man".

She'll be understudying the role of "Kim MacAfee" and will also be in the ensemble. (Ms.)...oh, whatever. She ain't too big for me! CATHERINE'S!! really one of the rare performers - a natural. I've always said (I did!) that she's a wonderfully, talented girl and that she'd go far. Well...it's Broadway folks!

(photo by Lauren Lamb)

Catherine (2nd from the bottom of the pile) with her friends in Iowa - doing what friends in Iowa do. Break a leg, Catherine! I'll be rooting for you!

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails