Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

#9 - "Grace Notes from a Bohemian in Wanderlust." The Washington State Ircink's.

One of the coolest things about my visit to Seattle in May was that I got reacquainted with some (there's 9) of my 3rd cousins. Above, that's David Ircink, below, Phillip Ircink. They're brothers. Their father and uncle - Chuck and Paul - are my dad's 1st cousins. Their father - Paul (my Grandpa Ircink's brother) - moved the family out to Spokane just before the boys were to enter college.

Lisa and I met David for drinks after my show performed and we caught up on what it's like to be one of very few "Ircink's" on the planet. He also regaled us of his adventure that day on the high seas - he's a tugboat captain - and makes regular runs from Seattle to Anchorage.

I met Phil and his two daughters for lunch near Lisa's house. We also caught up on what it's like being an "Ircink" and laughed about our parents and old times. Funny thing is - I haven't seen Phil or David since we were little kids. But you'd never have known that.

I hope to meet up with the 7 remaining Ircink cousins, as well as see Chuck and Paul real soon. Truthfully, it ain't bad being an Ircink...and it's even better when you another meet one. And as my Grandpa Ircink always said, "Ircink...a good name never dies."

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails