Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

"I'll see your Electric Fetus CDs & raise you a King Cake!"

It's customary for mayors (perhaps governors) of opposing teams in big NFL games to make bets - losing team's mayor has to give up the goods to the winning team's mayor. For the NFC Championship game this Sunday in New Orleans, it's the Minnesota Vikings versus the New Orleans Saints - or Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak versus New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin.

Rybak wagered three CDs of Minneapolis music from the independent Minneapolis Music store The Electric Fetus. Mayor Nagin's wager also includes three CDs of New Orleans music AND beignet mix and chicory coffee from Café du Monde, pralines from Loretta's Pralines, a king cake from Adrian's Bakery, Zatarain's products, and paraphernalia from the Zulu Social Aid and Pleasure Club and the New Orleans Hornets.

I think Minneapolis needs to cough off up more goodies. This ain't just any game...it's the freakin' NFC Championship, man. So I emailed Mayor Rybak today:

(Above: Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak)
Dear Mayor R.T. Rybak,

My name is Jeffrey James Ircink...in Milwaukee and a former Green Bay Packer fan who boycotted the Pack and followed Favre to the Jets and now the Vikes. Congratulations to a fantastic season...thus far.

I read today how you and the mayor of N'awlins did the proverbial exchanging of gifts should your respective team lose the NFC Championship. I have to say that, compared to the list of things Mayor Nagin offered, it's my opinion that the City of Minneapolis came up a tad short.

Now, I'm not berating - I just think your city needs to sweeten the deal a bit. My suggestions: 1) two tickets to a Twins' Game, 2) a tour of Prince's recording studio and/or autographed Prince CDs (course that might be difficult to arrange, and/or 3) $100 gift certificate to the Mall of America....just suggestions...you're more familiar with Minneapolis than I am.

I make these suggestions to you with all due respect, Mayor - it's just that I'm anticipating a call from my two New Orleans buddies that I used to work with in Los Angeles...yelling at me because my team didn't offer as much as their team.

Please take my suggestion in the spirit of gamesmanship and my fervor for Favre and the Minnesota Vikings run at the SB. SKOL FAVRE! SKOL VIKINGS!!

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails