Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Monday, March 21, 2011

5 for 5 meat pies for TCR's "Sweeney Todd"!





Everyone said it was great, so that's what I was expecting. And it was. My former stomping grounds really nailed this very difficult Stephen Sondheim musical - from the performances and set to the make-up and costumes, including Sweeney Todd's barber chair. Brilliant. Direction, music...an A!

And a special shout out to Lincoln Ginsberg who was equally as brilliant in the role of Tobias. Look it up. He nailed it. His parents are good theater folk/friends of mine, Megan & Steve, so I was really, really crossing my fingers that Lincoln was as good as everyone said. Very proud of you, Lincoln.

Click on READ MORE! for a few more after-show party pics at the Ginsberg's!

Catherine Blades was in from NYC for a couple events. She performed in the "Bye, Bye Birdie" Revival on Broadway with John Stamos and she just had a part on the television series, "Blue Bloods". I've known Catherine since she was 2 and I've always said she was talented. I think she's got quite the career ahead of her. That's why I cornered her at the party to talk about theater - and MY PLAYS (before she makes it really big).

Left to right: Scott, me, Amy (mother of Catherine, above), someone I just met who was very nice and David. Theater folk going all the way back to 1994 when I first started. Solid. All of them.

Steve G. told me he hardly ever wears his smoking jacket and the after-party he and Megan hosted was one of those occasions. My camera's interior shots suck (I should really check those settings) but Steve and his jacket look good in this blurred image. Need some jewelry or other fine gifts for a special occasion? Ginsberg Jewelers.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails