Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

And on the 9th day (after a few pints and rest), God created "Irish Lasses".

I love Ireland. I love the Irish. And I love the Irish lasses - especially these lasses!


















My friend Maria McCann (left) - a very talented actress and mother of daughters, Grace and Gwyneth (my god daughter). She and her husband, Donovan, are my closest friends in California (seems I blog about them once a month, fer Christ's sake). Maria's father's parents came over from County Armagh, Northern Ireland. Maria's the female version of me. Yeah - exactly. Thought that may help in knowing who you're dealing with. Kristy Mitchell's (right), a Scottish actress. Saw her in A Shot At Glory with Micheal Keaton and Robert Duvall. Yeah - I know she's not Irish. Close enough. My blog...my rules.


















Jean Butler (left), the original lead in Riverdance. She's married now. Too bad. Born in New York but her mother is from County Mayo. I remember seeing the original performance on PBS in 1995, I think of Riverdance - might have been after they won the Eurovision Contest in 1994. I was blown away. Introduced it - Riverdance - to all my theater friends who hadn't seen it before. I DID! Ask Damon. He's a trendsetter in Cedar Rapids. And (right) Sinead Noonan, Miss Ireland 2008.

Maureen O'Hara, seen here in John Ford's The Quiet Man. Look at her. Gorgeous. Absolutely stunning. And one tough bitch. Still is. She LOVED John Wayne - great friends those two were. If you don't particularly care for "Duke", you should appreciate him just 'cause Maureen did.

Don't know who this is, but she's some pretty Irish lass from the Irish equivalent of Match.com.

The Corrs (minus their brother - 'cause he's a "lad") - Sharon, Andrea and Caroline. I remember seeing them for the first time on the TODAY show singing their big hit, "What Can I Do?". Still - my favorite song of their's. And sickeningly talented these three are...4 if you count brother Jim. But I'm not. 'Cause Jim ain't a chick.

And last but not least, Nina, my close theater friend from Cedar Rapids. She's a "McKinney" - her paternal grandparents are from somewhere in Northern Ireland (land of "the troubles", just like Maria). Fits her, it does. Nina and I go way back to the Cedar Rapids' Follies of 1994. Sweetheart. Her three boys love me. So does she. Whoo!

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails