Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Monday, April 6, 2009

"HAIR" returns to Broadway!

"HAIR", the American Tribal Love-Rock Musical makes a triumphant return to Broadway, since first shaking up the establishment in 1968. For some reason I always want to put it "HAIR" in all caps. I don't think that's right, but it's my way of attaching more significance to one of my favorite musicals - and a musical I am proud to say I performed in back in 1995. And yes, I was nakey, nakey.

AND Theatre Cedar Rapids (my old stomping grounds) is performing it this May. So in celebration of everything that is "HAIR", here's a couple of previous blog posts on the show: a review of the show I saw in LA last year, the history behind the show and my involvement with it, an interview with James Rado - co-creator of "HAIR" - that I did over the phone back in 2007, and a post on The Cowsills, who I saw perform recently in LA and who had a #2 hit with their rendition of "Hair".

Oh - a review from the current Broadway production.


The Theatre Cedar Rapids cast of "HAIR". Welcome to the Tribe! Now the "let the sunshine in!"

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails