Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Retired future Hall of Famer Brett Favre "released" by New York Jets Tuesday.

At his request, the New York Jets released Brett Favre on Tuesday night from the "reserve/retired" list. Favre’s statement on Tuesday said in part: “Nothing has changed. At this time, I am retired and have no intention of returning to football.”

It's been since last season that I've blogged much about Brett. Check my archives. He's retired. I'm giving him some breathing room. Anyway, I'm a big fan - boycotted the Packers after 44 years and followed the Jets last season. Now that the Jets have cut all ties with Favre, I'm not saying Brett will come back. Odds are this time his retirement is for real. But...he unretired last year, too. And now Brett could sign with any team — the Jets would receive no compensation and would not be penalized if Brett unretired and went to Minnesota.

Minnesota was interested in Brett last year, but the Packers did not want Favre playing in their own division (thus, the clause in the Jets' trade). The Vikings' owner has said they are not interested in Favre "at this time". And "at this time", the Vikings QB situation is very much up in the air.

"At this time" can mean a lot of things to a lot of different people. I've already read numerous sports columns giving Favre shit about his above statement because he said the same thing when he retired from the Green Bay Packers the season before last - "at this time". You never know. I believe Favre can still play ball, especially if he had that torn bicep repaired. Hell, I never would've thought this country's Homeland Security chief Janet "Neapolitan" would've said that crossing the border is not a crime (per se) during an interview about illegal aliens. But "at this time", she did. So if Favre unretired a 2nd time, wouldn't faze me a bit.

If Brett changes his mind, who cares? If he wants to play, so what? And if he's contend being retired, I'm fine with that as well. Let him worry about his legacy. I'm not - ever.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails