Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

"...the Midwest farmer's daughter really makes you feel al-ri-i-ght..." Meet Taylor Mills!

The Beach Boys nailed it when they harmonized about Midwest girls in their anthem to West Coast wahinis, "California Girls". And Taylor Mills is proof of that.

Photo courtesy of Copyright © Taylor Mills Music

I've been a fan of The Beach Boys since high school. Groupie, more like it. Brian IS a genius. Carl had the voice of an angel. And Dennis' talents were so underrated it's not funny (see my "Pacific Ocean Blue" reissue blog post here).

Then there's Taylor Mills.

If the Brother's Wilson had a sister, Taylor would've been "it". I've been a fan of her's for years - ever since she signed on as back-up singer with Brian Wilson's band. Has to be over 6 years now. I've seen her - heard her - perform many times. Now I have a chance to meet her. Gorgeous. Beautiful voice. Midwest girl (Iowa, then Chicago). I hope she doesn't kick me when we meet.

We've communicated through Facebook and her husband, Todd Sucherman - drummer for Styx for the last 10 years or so, will be performing at Pancho's in Manhattan Beach tonight. Taylor's gonna sing a couple songs, but it's Todd's gig.

Taylor's latest album is "Lullagoodbye". You can listen to some tracks or purchase the album via her website, TaylorMillsMusic.com. Oh - Todd's site is ToddSucherman.com. I didn't put a picture up of Todd 'cause Taylor's prettier...

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails