Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Mo Rocca = gadfly.

Wikipedia states the word "gadfly" is "a term for people who upset the status quo by posing upsetting or novel questions, or just being an irritant."

In today's political environment, "gadfly" can be used to describe someone who persistently challenges people in positions of power, the status quo or a popular position. It has both positive and negative connotations, depending on the context you use it and to whom you're using the word to describe.

As I've gotten older, I'll readily admit I've become more vocal on my opinions and have spent more time questioning things - people's behavior, our government, politicians, the state of our economy, etc. In this day and age, it's easy to do. I've been referred to as being "bitter" or being a "curmudgeon" - usually by people who I can't stomach in the first place. Never been called a "gadfly" though.

Now here's a gadfly. No - the guy above the actual gadfly. You may have seen Mo Rocca on television - among other things he's a semi-regular on the CBS Sunday Morning Show which I watch religiously. With Rocca, I'm gonna stick to "just being an irritant". You see the difference between me and this dickshine is that people know EXACTLY where I stand on an issue...because I tell them. This annoying piss ant - or piss gadfly - has perfected making curt, annoying, smug little comments so he can ascertain to millions of viewers that he's more informed than you are ('cause he's got all the inside information!) and thus, everyone will think he so "funny and smart". Problem is his commentaries lack any stance. he observes and bitches and that's it. He truly is a "talking head".

Whenever I see him or hear him I wanna punch him (I know - real intelligent, Jeff). I quickly hit fast-forward if I have the chance, hoping that someday he injures his larynx permanently and I'll never have to hear his nasally voice again.

Any questions were I stand regarding Mr. Rocca? That's more than you'll get from him.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails