Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Kismet" is the damndest thing!

So I call my best friends in California - Donovan and Maria - and tell them I'm not coming over tonite 'cause I'd just have to leave Saturday (for a theater event with my buddy, Michael Carrera) and then return to D&M's Sunday morning for a birthday party at Jay & Susie's in Pasadena. Follow me? Why not move my visit with D&M Sunday through whenever? Makes sense to me.

Then I get a FB email from my new FB friend, Julie, who works with Eric Lowen (of Lowen & Navarro fame...Pat Benatar's song, "We Belong" - L&N wrote it and I've seen them perform a number of times). Turns out Julie has tickets to see a duo at the world-famous McCabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica Friday (tomorrow) night. Alas...my schedule is now open.

The duo is none other than Van Dyke Parks and Inara George. Who are they? Parks is the co-writer of most of the songs on The Beach Boys' infamous album, Smile, Brian Wilson's 1966 follow-up masterpiece to Pet Sounds that was to be his "teenage symphony to God" but never saw the light of day (until a 2004). And I've never seen Parks perform. Inara George is a singer-songwriter who's the daughter of Lowell George, the late founder of the rock and roll group, Little Feat.

Ha...Inara's husband is director Jake Kasden, son of writer/director Lawrence Kasden, and director of the flick Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, starring actor John C. Reilly.

And today, I just emailed my friend from Cedar Rapids, Mark, my favorite clip from Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, featuring Reilly as Dewey Cox and Elvis Presley, whom I adore.

Ain't that "kismet"? Whatever it is, it's pretty fucking cool. Hey...it's a great introduction to that funny clip from Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails