Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Jets, Favre = 1st Win of Season; Send Dolphins to the Fishes / Jets 1-0. Packers 1-0.

6 minutes into the 1st quarter, Brett Favre pulls off a fantastic fake handoff and unleashes hell on the Dolphin defense - a 56 yard TD pass to Jerricho Cotchery.

Brett's first regular season start as a Jet. Missed the game live as I was in Chicago for the weekend but I'll watch the tape later. Saw highlights - and received text messages from my brother on the Brett's progress. Gotta tell you - I had butterflies. But we won. 254 consecutive starts for Favre. Every stat he accumulated today added to every major QB record he owns - consecutive starts, games won, passing yards, TDs, etc. Except the INT record - 'cause he didn't have any. Nice game, Brett. And nice game JETS! (As you'll notice, I'm keeping a running score of the Packers' season next to the Jets' season...to hopefully stick it to Packer GM Thompson and the rest of the 3 Wise Monkeys (Pres. Murphy and Coach McCarthy).

Next Week: Patriots (1-0) at Jets (1-0)

Favre in the clutches of a Miami defender, yet he gets a 22-yard TD off to - someone...I don't know all the players yet on the team. Hey - I've only been following the Packers for 43 years and Brett with the Packers for 16. It's not easy switching your allegiances for a team, even when they are run by 3 Wise Monkeys.


The consumate celebrator.

And the consumate TD "#1" in the air.

For shits and giggles, here are Favre's stats for his first game as a Packer back in 1992, compared to his first game as a Jet in 2008.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails