Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Romeo's and Juliet's

When I took the above picture - the Romeo and Juliet Windmill (1896) - while touring Frank Lloyd Wright's home, Taliesin, in Spring Green, Wisconsin (see "Vacation" posts from May), it got me thinking about - Romeo and Juliet. Then I remembered taking this picture (see below) while in Central Park.

R&J outside the Shakespeare Theatre in Central Park. I took this while in Manhattan for a reading of one of my plays. I did a quick Google search of other representations of R&J...

A 1901 book illustration.

Painting.

Two stills from Franco Zefferelli's classic version from 1968, starring Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whitting.


A souped up, modern telling of the tale from 1996. I enjoyed it.

"Romeo and Juliet's 1st Anniverary".

Animal Planet did a documentary on two monkeys from warring - tribes(?) - who fell in love. Their names? You guessed it. Not sure which is which though.

If you find any more uniques R&J's, email them to me at irc_64@hotmail.com

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails