Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Friday, June 13, 2008

A perspective on how flooded Cedar Rapids is.

When my father made the comment on the phone (see below post), one of the clips he saw was The Paramount Theater (1928), where I made my performing debut in 1994. Here's a picture from that show. The mark is about where my dad thought (from seeing it on TV) the water level was at - about 3 feet from the marquis.

It's a guess. WAIT! NPR update: 5:18 CST - The edge of where the Cedar River typically is situated has now stretched one and a half miles into the city limits. Also, the flooding now covers 400 blocks instead of the 100 I mentioned yesterday.

2 comments:

lesliesuz said...

Actually, my dear Jeffrey James, from what I can tell, you would likely be under water and the mucky fish-filled stinky filth that we're calling water would be lapping just under the marquee. It's a fucking surreal mess here.

Jeffrey James Ircink said...

My God. Sounds dramatic. But I'm sure that if I were there to see it all...don't know that I want to see it, actually. I wish I could help - I feel helpless. TCR, The Paramount - how can this be. Were you able to save anything from the 1st floor of the theater??? Simply mindboggling. I assume the TCR Shop is under as well. All these places d.t. are flashing in my head - and to think I was just there. Fuck.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails