Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Favre's locker

Heard about this while fishing. Favre's locker had remained untouched at Lambeau. This is old news now but I felt compelled to comment on it 'cause...it's Favre.

REPORTER: How come Favre's locker is still in tact?
COACH MCCARTHY: Who do you want me to put in there?
REPORTER: Isn't it just a locker?
COACH MCCARTHY: I think it's more than a locker, and there's some plans for the locker that will be addressed in the future. But there's nothing else to it. I wouldn't want his locker, especially after his hygiene, my goodness. It's a locker of a very special player in the history of our organization, and there are some plans for the future, and we'll address that when it comes. I'll just leave it at that.

Hmmm. I'm ambivalent about this. I think it's a bit much to leave a player's locker up after he's retired. Enshrine it in the Packer Hall of Fame. I think they'll eventually take it out of there. I guess it's a non-issue now as the Packers are dismantling the locker and shipping it to Brett in Mississippi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have minded if they left it alone and let it stand where it is. Favre is a legend and I think it would have been a cool gesture and a tribute to him. Can you imagine the feeling the new guys would get each year when they entered the locker room and passed Favre's locker. I think that would've been great! I also like your idea of taking it to the hall of fame. That's a great idea, as well. I guess they decided to dismantle it somehow and send it to Favre. That's a nice gesture, also, but then only Brett gets to see it. I'm not wild about that idea, but then again, no one asked me before they decided! LOL! :)

Mike Smith

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails