Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Friday, June 6, 2008

It's the "Klingap"! Facial hair with an edge!

Whenever I grow a certain amount of facial hair (which is typically while fishing or hunting and by the way those are reading glasses...I don't need glasses to see distances) and then decide to shave it off - I play. My brother does the same thing. We shave the beard into any number of "doo's" - goatee, Fu Manchu, handlebars, muttonchop sideburns - you name it and we've done a lot of it.

So I wanted to try something different this time. Hence, the "Klingap" (a name I just came up right now as I'm typing this). It's your standard American goatee (I say that because a genuine goatee has no moustache attached to it) but with the moustache shaved off and the middle of the chin beard shaved out, leaving the soul patch. It's a cross between Kerry Chatter's beard (member of the music group, Gary Puckett and The Union Gap, circa late 60's), who had such hits at "Young Girl", "Lady Willpower" and "Over You" and who we grew up listening to because my mother liked them. See Kerry (left):


...and the Klingon Captain Koloth (right) - played by William Campbell - in the Star Trek series episode, "The Trouble with Tribbles" (1967).

As you can see, my Klingap barely covers the front of the chin - more under the chin. My friends in Tunjuna - Donovan and Maria - hated it. Maria told me last Saturday it looked like shit and a girl friend of Donovan's from high school said I resembled a pedophile. OooKay. However, Donovan warmed up to it within the hour (he has a goatee - but the moustache, chin beard and soul patch are NOT connected). And I went out with a friend last night after work (Alexandra) and she liked it (well, she didn't say she hated it...course she was running away at the time). I jest.

I'll probably shave it off sooner than later, but what do YOU think? Be nice - or I'll have to throw a Klingon insult at you. "Hab SoSlI' Quch!" (pronounced, Hab-shoschli-ko-ch). It means, "Your mother has a smooth forehead!". Haha. Those crazy Klingons.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails