Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Monday, June 30, 2008

The Journey IS the Destination #4: Santa Barbara's Solstice!

Saturday, June 20th. Come to the Mardi Gras parade and festivities that is Solstice!, marking the first days of summer. This was our 2nd year - Jas and I - and is always quite the sight. Just ask Aunt Ev. Course, I had to get in a plug for the blog...come join us for the festivities and see the three-legged dog!

(Wait! There's more to see...)

The Brothers Ircink.

My Uncle Bob and Amara - his brother's girlfriend's daughter

We left with about 15 minutes remaining in the parade - some people were antsy to get to the beer garden (or shop some more) - and I missed this woman, wearing nothing but pasties, some floss and shoes.

A reveler in the parade.

The floats are quite unique. No motors allowed - everything powered by the sun or by foot.

Scott and Chuck Nowak. Chuck is the youngest of the Nowak clan (8 all told). My Uncle Bob (married to my dad's youngest sister, Evelyn) is the oldest. Scott is the oldest of Bev - a Nowak herself. We hunt and fish with Bev's husband, Gary. Should I slow down?


Brenda and Ashley. Brenda is my cousin Joe's lady (Joe is the middle child of Bob and Ev) and Ashley is engaged to Scott. These two like to shop - and can never sit still. I DO enjoy their company though.

There's Cousin Joe and my brother. We got impatient for the parade to start so we walked a block and grabbed some libations.

Mark, Laura and Melissa Aldecoa. They live in Buellton - Laura is the youngest of the Nowak sisters. That's Natalie on the pavement - the youngest of my Uncle Bob's kids. Anyone see Aunt Ev?

These statues are grouped in an area of downtown Santa Barbara - window washers and other figures at play and work. Here Dr. Franklin and I have a little chat about the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms. He concurred - as did the United States Supreme Court, 5-4.

For a hunter, Jas is quite the animal lover. Until dove season comes around. KERPLOWIE!!


Ash and Scott. Young love. We'll come back to them in 20 years and check in on things.

Cousin Mike - child number 4 in Bob/Ev Nowak clan. He just graduated from high school and thinks he's big shit. He also plays guitar and drums. You know I sing - THAT's an instrument, too.

Mike showing off for the crowd. He's actually pretty good and self-taught.

A group of us at Haskell's Beach.

Waiting for the big wave.

One-legged dog. He hopped around pretty good - would never have known he was a leg shy.

Girls in jacuzzi. Good place to end, huh?

1 comment:

Bert said...

so that's you get all the hits on your website...sidewalk chalk, brilliant!!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails