Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Friday, December 25, 2009

Origami No. 26. "Finite".

When I began acting in the summer of 1994, I approached my initial audition and subsequent stage debut with some trepidation. I felt confident in this new journey I had undertaken, yet I was guarded about my feelings regarding whether I not I would thoroughly enjoy performing as much as I thought I might.

When I finally took my place on stage with the other actors on opening night, it was everything I had hoped it would be – nothing more…nothing less. It became my passion.

It was at that moment that I formulated the credos – the rules – that I would live the rest of my life by. They are: 1) there are no rules, 2) no regrets, and 3) be nice to people. They’re good rules; rules I believe all of us should adhere to, in some form or another.

As 2009 comes to a close, I look back on the year and past years. Certainly there are events and moments I wish had not transpired but do I regret they happened? No – for without those happenings, who can say I’d be the person I am today? As far as being nice to people – or not being nice to people, such as the case may be – well, there are those who don’t deserve “nice”. That’s just the way it is. If I make peace with my enemies, it will happen of its own volition.

My move to back to Wisconsin in September after 11 years in California has forced me to contemplate my future on a multitude of fronts – work, acting, writing, where to live, etcetera. My heart is empty for the friends I left behind. My heart cries for my goddaughter and her older sister. But they say change is good and I concur. The concept of change is not unlike this time of the season when we take stock of our lives and ponder our future. There’s very little certainty in the upcoming new year...more questions than answers. Over the course of this year, I’ve been acquainted with friends who’ve passed away, those who are dying, people with psychological problems, people who've suffered as a result of our country's economic draught; I’ve been laid off, moved across the country leaving dear friends behind. defriended and refriended, ignored and had my luggage put out on a stoop. If you can not relate, the chances of you being able to in the new year are quite good.

Life is short. So live today like it’s your last. Make hay while the sun shines. Eat, drink and be merry. Bury the hatchet with someone you love. Turn the other cheek. And all those other tried and true clichés. I know it’s easier said than done, but they’re tried and true for a reason. When was the last time you heard someone say, “A midget on prescription drugs may never find himself.”? You could at least say that you'll try to accept them – the clichés I've just mentioned. What’s the worst that can happen?

And just live life. The rest of it will follow.

(Origami is sort of my catchword for a featured blog post that highlights my original writings - could be an excerpt from one of my plays, a poem, a song, a rant, a rave, a cursing, etc. Origami is the art of folding paper (the word is of Japanese origin). Or, it could be the creative juices of someone else I know - or don't know. So, within the folds of this particular blog feature you may find something really beautiful, meaningful or poignant.)

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails