Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

My friend, Michael Gregory. "See ya later, Michael!"

I hate saying "goodbye" to people. I'm moving back to Wisconsin soon - gotta be there by 9/12 to MC a golf tournament. So I don't say "goodbye" - I say, "see ya later". And I will.

So, I had lunch Wednesday at Silver Spoons in West Hollywood with my friend, actor Michael Gregory. We met years ago while I was working at PorchLight Entertainment and we were in the movie, Combustion, together. Helluva guy, that Michael. He worked as Dean Martin's bodyguard for 10 years. (Deano is my favorite all-around entertainer. His son, Ricci Martin, who I also know, used to refer to Gregory as, "Mike DaGard"or Mike DeGard - a moniker Michael uses from time to time.) Michael has starred in film, TV and theater, including: Terminator, RoboCop, Total Recall, Beverly Hills Cop, the original Dr. Rick Webber in General Hospital, Return of the Outlaws and Blue Eyes.

Michael's been involved with charity work for years. Veterans are the biggest heart tugger for him, including Iraq War vets. Two of his charities include Desert Thunder, a children's charity dedicated to raising donations that are distributed to children's service organizations in Southern California and Southern Nevada, and Stars and Stripes Foundation.

Above: Michael on his bike outside Silver Spoons, a Hollywood and celebrity gathering spot for decades. The waiter asked for Michael's autograph. Didn't ask for mine. Oh - forgot. The kindly gentleman pictured below was very helpful to me in finding the front door to the place (he was on the patio, as were we). Come to find out that the kindly gentleman was a friend of Michael's actor Robert Forster. He's at Silver Spoons every day.

Forster's film career was revived when Quentin Tarantino cast him in Jackie Brown. He's starred in Mulholland Drive, Charlies Angels: Full Throttle, Delta Force, Psycho (remake), TV series, "Heroes", among others. Forster saw Michael and he came over to our table and chatted with us. Nice guy. One of the things I'll miss about CA - you can run into anyone at anytime - anyplace.

As Mike DaGard says, "Make every day some kinda holiday!".

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails