Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Saul Zaentz just made my list.

Hey look, kids. It's Kris Kingle. No - it's Saul Zaentz, Hollywood movie producer and three-time Oscar winner...and I DO NOT like him. Long story short, he forced this wonderful site related to The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings off the web because, through his company, Tolkien Enterprises, Saul owns and manages certain worldwide film, stage, and merchandise rights to The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. My guess is Saul didn't like this little guy horning in on his territory (because the product the little guy manufactured was very high quality) and Saul wanted to manufacture the same thing - only of lesser quality and more expensive.

Saul's had other issues with creative people. He sued John Fogerty for defamation of character, and has had ongoing disputes with the former New Line Cinema regarding profits from The Lord of the Rings film series.

I don't know Saul Zaentz. But I am acquainted with the "little guy" Saul and his powerful attorneys forced to close chop. I'm not saying one shouldn't protect his or her business interests - after all, I'm a published playwright and if anyone stole my work without my permission I would go through the roof. But this "little guy" was operating for years out in the open. Saul just couldn't handle the little guy's "success" and forced him to shut down. I qualify "success" because said little guy wasn't interested in making a ton of money off this as much as he was driven by his passion for the subject matter. Trust me.

Cheaper quality. More expensive. Greed. Ain't that the American Way. Did I mention that I do not like Saul Zaentz?

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails