Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Nothing like a barefoot & pregant Minnie Driver to take my mind off Favre.

I'm sick. And I should've stayed home. I've seen her twice in the last year. But the allure of the artistry of Minnie Driver, for me, is as strong as the sirens, beckoning sailors into shore only to smash their brains upon the rocks then eat their - sorry. Minnie makes me emotional.

As does the Brett Favre/Green Bay Packer drama that's been unfolding and that I've been languishing over (how terribly draining) - as are so many of my friends and family back home in Wisconsin - and I needed to just get away. So, I caught Minnie Driver's show at the Hotel Cafe in Hollywood tonite - met a friend from work (Cami) and her friend, Justine. This was Minnie's last show before she pops - this picture was taken this month and as you can see she's due any day.

In case you don't know or haven't read my posts on Minnie in April 2008 or August 2007, she's not only an actress, but a singer/songwriter and one of the top 2 or 3 female voices I've heard in the last 5 years (she had a top hit in the UK before she got her break in American films). I LOVE her shit. That sultry voice of hers takes me away to - well...she just takes me away. And no matter how many times I've seen her perform (3 since August), each time is like it's the first time. Ya gotta check her CD out, Seastories - go to Amazon. Or check her Myspace site.

I LOVE MINNIE DRIVER! Hotel Cafe is an intimate venue and you're right there with Minnie as she performs (you know I met and talked with her in April - uh huh.). So did the people I was with. Minnie played all her best songs and was in perfect voice and for one hour I only thought about Brett Favre once (mental lapse). Congrats, Minnie, in advance on the birth of your child. She's got a talented mum and is a very lucky kid.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails