Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Monday, July 28, 2008

"One Day Like Rain" at the Dances with Films Festival.

I attended the Los Angeles premiere of the indie movie, "One Day Like Rain", Friday night in West Hollywood - the flick was an entrant at the Dances with Films Festival and my friend, Marisa Petroro (one of the girls on Deal of No Deal - #18 suitcase) was in it.

Marisa wasn't the lead. She should have been. Not to take away from the lead in the movie, but I just wanted to see more of Marisa on-screen. She's great to watch...and I'm referring to both her presence and her acting. That being said - oh, I went with my friend, New Yorker Michael Carrera - an acting buddy who I met while I was involved in the Coronet Theater Lab for two years here in LA (Marisa was a part of that group as were my friends in Tujunga, Donovan and Maria).

Above: My friend, Marisa.

Anyway, we didn't like the movie. Hey - I give props to anyone - be it an actor, writer, producer, director of photography - for working at their craft and bringing a dream to life on screen. And I appreciated some of the ethereal aspects of the film - the far-out notions and fantasy. It was a "pretty" film. But I had way too many questions after it was over. Were the people in the woods the same creatures depicted in the animation portion of the film? Was as the lead a human or an alien? What happened to everyone at the end of the movie? It was if the goal of the film maker/writer was to keep the audience in total suspense and purposefully make us ask, "what did I just watch?". And the director/write even admitted during the Q & A afterwards that it's an "out there" film (paraphrasing).

If that was his goal, it worked. Because when the movie was over, I asked myself, "what did I just watch?".

But Michael and I went out to this Irish pub in Santa Monica later and caught up on life, acting, cars, women, Favre and the Yankees and all was good.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails