Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Friday, July 18, 2008

My 4th of July Weekend (two weeks later).

Happy 4th of July! I spent the weekend at Donovan, Maria and Baby Grace's home in Tujuna (near Pasadena). On the 4th, we drove out to Jay and Susie's in Pasadena and ate and drank with their children, Wyatt and Owen. Wyatt and Owen didn't drink - they just played. Beautiful day. Excellent time. Susie and Maria are best friends from high school. Good people. Jay and Susie, that is. You already know D & M and Grace are A-Number 1 in the Ircink book.

The 4th of July - in the Ircink family - is like Christmas. It's a big deal. Being 2000 miles from home, it's extra special when I can spend this holiday with people I love. Yeah know the 4th was two weeks ago, but I 've had lot on my mind and am just getting to the post. Come on - see what the rest of my 4th was like...

(WAIT! There's more...)

Let me back up a day. Thursday night, I met my friend Anja, who used to work with me at PorchLight, and her friend Nancy at the Santa Monica Pier for the Pier Summer Twilight Dance Series: One Hawaii. Keali'i Reichel, Hawaii's top selling touring act and Na Leo were featured. That's Na Leo below. I've been wanting to get a shot of the famour Santa Monica Pier sign for 10 years.


After the Hawaiian concert we spent $10 each at the Arcade. Galaga, the classic video game introduced in 1981 (the year before I graduated from high school), is one of the few I actually ever played.

IRC. 4th highest score...for now.

I found this deer shooting game that I sucked at (I bow hunt). Funny to see Oneida County, Wisconsin featured on the game - that's where we go for our annual walleye fishing trip in May.

Is this the Zoltar featured in the movie, Big?

SKEEBALL! Classic arcade game.

Nancy, a close friend of Anja's who I've known for a while (but hardly ever see), playing her favorite game. Nancy's from LA and said this game (and much of the arcade) looks exactly as it did when she was a kid. Makes me wish I saw Nancy more often. Good people.

Anja playing Wack-a-Ted-Thompson - I mean, Mole.

Back to Jay and Susie's on the 4th. Here's the brew provided by Jay - Spaten Oktoberfest. Wickedly strong stuff. I was feeling it after 7 of them. ;)

Jay with Wyatt. Or is that Owen. Owen...I think.

Wyatt and Grace. Wyatt, right?

Grace in her new pool. It spurts out about 10 jets of water like a fountain. Isn't she adorable? I told you that I'm going to be her sister's Godfather, right? Gywneth. Yes. I am going to be Gywneth's godfather.


No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails