Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

"TANSTAAFL" schmanstaafl.

I hated taking Economics in college. I received a "C" and "D" in Econ 101 and 102, respectively. And I was lucky to get the "D". I was failing the course and my professor said, "Jeff, you need to get a high "B" on the final just to get a D". Really? Well if I'm failing the course, how in the hell did I think I was gonna get a high "B" on the final? I can't take this class again...

But I got that high "B". Jim Sickels and I crammed for days. We were RA's at the time (and are still close) so we had the run of the dormitory. We locked ourselves in an empty room in the basement and didn't come out for days. Smoked, drank tea, shot the shit, no showers and studied our asses off.

So it shouldn't be a surprise to me that one of the only economic terms I recall from Econ 101 and 102 is, "TANSTAAFL". It means, "there ain't no such thing as a free lunch". And even that term is bullshit and I'll tell you why.

I ordered a shirt just like this for my friend Donovan's birthday...in October. NBC sent me a small instead of a large. Now I might have made a mistake but I haven't worn a "small" since I was a child. I sent it back. My shipment got lost. I finally got the replacement just before Christmas.

Then THIS(see above) came in the mail yesterday. The exact shirt I ordered for Donovan and received (late). I called NBC and asked how many charges were on my account. Just the first one. No 2nd charge. I kept my mouth shut and VOILA!...my free tee.

If you find yourself in Pennsylvania, stop by Schrute Beet Farms. No one can beat their -beets. And say "hello" to Mose for me.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails