Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Monday, February 23, 2009

#18 Briefcase and Moi.

I had the privilege of watching my friend, Marisa Petroro, on stage Saturday night in Lanford Wilson's "Burn This" at the Ruskin Theater in Santa Monica. (YOU may recognize her as Suitcase #18 model on Deal or No Deal.).

The play "begins shortly after the funeral of Robbie, a young gay dancer who drowned in a boating accident. In attendance were his roommates, choreographer Anna and ad man Larry. Soon joining them in Robbie's lower-Manhattan loft are screenwriter Burton, Anna's longtime lover, and Pale, Robbie's coke-snorting, hyperactive restaurant manager brother. In the face of their shared tragedy, the quartet attempts to make sense of their lives and reconsider their own identities and relationships."

I was impressed with Marisa's performance for a couple reasons. Her character carries the weight of interacting and maintaining a relationship with the three other characters in the play, so it's demanding. But I was most impressed with Marisa's range - something I was unable to see in her other work - movie or television roles, and certainly not holding a suitcase on Deal or No Deal.

I usually squirm in my seat at the theater - jimminy legs, I think. But I didn't during this show. Another tell-tale sign that, for me, it was good theater.

I met Marisa some years ago when we were members of the Coronet Theater Writer's Lab - she and I acted in writer's pieces Thursday evenings. That's also where I met Alec (whom I had to cut out of the picture as the light was shining too brightly on him), Michael Carerra and Donovan and Maria in Tujunga. I might add that Marisa Petroro is the 2009 Spokesperson for The Sarcoma Foundation of America - she herself is a sarcoma cancer survivor.

Marisa's website - if you want to peruse.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails