Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Monday, April 7, 2008

"What is that? A PLEDGE PIN! On your uniform?!"

Come on - you know the movie.

I had a very nice phone conversation with Mark Metcalf today, known famously for his role as "Doug Neidermeyer" (in picture, right) in the movie, Animal House. Long story short, my actor/writer friend, Tony, who I grew up with(he lives in NY) is directing a play at First Stage in Milwaukee. Mark has worked with First Stage and he owns a restaurant in Mequon, Wisconsin (where he also lives) called, Libby Montana (coincidentally he just sold it today). So I called the restaurant; they leave word with Mark who calls me back WITHIN THE HOUR; I introduce myself and we shoot the shit about acting and theater and long story short again - I'm emailing him my play, "Stan's Addiction" (absurdist comedy about the last smoker on Earth) to read. He'd be perfect for the role of "THE CHAIRMAN". Mark is active in theater in Milwaukee and with the Milwaukee International Film Festival (networking, baby). You never know - I would love to have the World Premiere of the play in my home state.

I'd like to have it premiere anywhere, quite frankly.

"You're all worthless and weak! Now drop and give me twenty!" (Another quote from the movie.)

Postscript: You know I've been given a lot of shit about my history of contacting celebrities for whatever the reason. 9 times out of 10, my motivation is acting or playwriting related (even my letters to Mel Gibson are somewhat "business related"). But for all those celebs I've written, emailed or called - maybe under 30? - I've heard back from Robert Conrad, (The Wild, Wild West) Earl Hamner, Jr. (creator of The Waltons), Robert Englund ("Freddy Krueger"), Gary Sinise, Daniel J. Travanti, Brandy Ledford, Karen Lamm, Robert Lamm (the group Chicago), Mark Metcalf - that's already a 30% success ratio. 2-4% is considered ideal in direct marketing. Granted, none of these people would make the Hollywood 500 list (Sinise might). That's not the point. Lesson: if you don't ask you will not receive.

As long as you don't stalk.

1 comment:

brian said...

Oh, you big networker you.

Anyone who lives/lived in Milwaukee and went to Libby Montana's could hang and shoot the whatever with Mark. He's a great guy, and a real asset to Milwaukee, theater or otherwise. He went there to follow his spouse (with whom, I believe he is no longer engaged). Libby Montana had something to do with their eventual goal to use the proceeds from the restaurant and retire to Montana.

Real shame he sold the place, as the food was better than average grub, and, well, you could hang with Mark most nights! It used to be the premier indoor sand volleyball hangout before he had it - wonder if it will return to former glory?

But you seem to be big on meeting people out there in LA, so glad you could add another notch on your belt, Pinto.

Best Regards,

brian

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails