Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Brett's smiling over this one...requests for Canton tix already?

Brett Favre has been retired barely a month, and his fans already are planning for his induction to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. That's not likely to happen until the summer of 2013, but people are calling the Hall to ask how they can get tickets for the induction ceremony. "I don't recall there being the kind of inquiry there has been with Brett Favre," Hall vice president Joe Horrigan told the Canton Repository. Induction ceremonies are held at Fawcett Stadium, next door to the Hall. It seats 22,000, and it almost certainly will sell out whenever Favre goes into the Hall.

I've also been remiss in blogging about the Favre "unretiring" rumors as of late. Listen, one of Favre's reasons for retiring is the intense off-season training he has to go through and how difficult it gets as he ages. As Brett stated, it would be tempting if the Packers called him and said, 'Rogers got hurt - we need you'. But realistically, he may be "in shape" if that were to happen, but he wouldn't be in "game shape". He made it clear he is not changing his mind at this time.

“But to think that if they called me in October and told me, ‘Hey, we need you this week.’, that would be hard,” Favre said in a story that appeared on the Gulfport(Miss.) Sun Herald paper’s web site on Tuesday. “I’m sure mentally, I would be refreshed. I’d be away from it for a long time. But mentally versus physically, the last thing I’d want to do is go up and it’s ‘Oh this is great’ and all that stuff and me be excited and then just flop...You just can’t show up and play.”

I think it's hilarious that, even after retiring (though he still hasn't filed his paperwork with the league - which doesn't me squat 'cause he could unretire easily), the media won't leave him alone. THIS is why we Packer fans were so lucky to have Brett on our team - the guy's "legend" WILL NOT die.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails