Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Sunday, April 6, 2008

I love Minnie Driver! And I MET HER! AHHHHHHHH!

(Above - Minnie. Not Hotel Cafe)

And this time, she looked at me twice from stage tonite. And I MET HER!

I know - I sound like a little girl. (sigh) Ohhhh...Minnie. "Oh, Minnie you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind - hey Minnie!" That was stupid. Anyway, I saw Minnie Driver tonite/Saturday (again) at Hotel Cafe in Hollywood (again). Blogged about here in August and she kicked off my Women Celebrities I Love feature.

This time, I was alone (again) 'cause no one could go (I only found out she was playing a week ago), but THIS TIME I got there early enough to get a table about 15 yards from the stage. Whoooo! She looked gorgeous - very motherly (she's pregnant). Gorgeous, barefoot (really) and pregnant and God dammit she sounded wonderful.

When I saw her last (August) I stood in the back and I hadn't heard her CD yet. I purchased Sea Stories the next day so every song she sang tonite (plus some I hadn't heard before) I knew like the back of my hand. She has excellent stage presence (she is an actress on F/X's The Riches) and she sounds EXACTLY like she sounds on her CD. LIVE + Minnie = A+. I treasure that quality in a performer. Even the best don't always have that feather in their cap.

I shared a table with two girls from Germany and three other guys who live here in LA (but none of them are from LA - Georgia, NY and London). So, after the show Minnie comes out into the audience to greet friends and the guys from NY and London go get their picture taken with her. I had my camera with me - but I opted not to do the picture thang...for my own reasons. Instead, I grabbed her arm and said to her, "Your music moves me" (which it does - seriously...she's one of the two best female voices I've heard in over a decade) and then I said, "Good luck to you" and I walked off. She was very gracious which made me love her even more and I wanted to kiss her but I didn't want to go to jail.

Go to her myspace site and sample her stuff - please. You HAVE to listen to "Beloved" and "Stars and Satellites" (my two favorites). Both are from Sea Stories (album) and there's also her other album, Everything I've Got in My Pocket. When I hear her sing I wanna just reach into the speakers and pull her through them and set her in front of me. Soulful shit - and she writes her own stuff. Oh - she did a Marley cover and also the song "Waterloo Sunset" by The Kinks which kicked ASS (at first none of our group could figure out who originally did that song but then I guessed it before Driver announced it on stage - yeahhhhh for me!). Man, I hadn't heard the song since I was a kid.

The guys said they'd email the pictures they took of Minnie - I'll post them when I get'em. I did manage to snap this shot of her Audi in the parking garage though. At least that's what some people told me (I covered up the license plate for her sake).

I'm depressed. I want more Minnie. Now every time I hear "Waterloo Sunset" I'm gonna think of her...

P.S. I met Jonathan Silverman in the alley (Weekend at Bernie's). I told him I knew it was "you" but that I couldn't remember his name. Swift move, Jeff. Bet Johnny liked that one.

P.S.S. She lives in Malibu (Malibu sticker on windshield). Jason - she surfs.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails