Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Monday, March 1, 2010

"Teabagger" versus "Teabagger".


I've noticed that some liberal media like to refer to members of the Tea Party as "teabaggers".

On the surface, the term makes sense. However, when you consider the other definition of "teabagger" - the one that was first known before the Tea Party came about - I'm wondering why the liberal media can't grow up and simply refer to members of the Tea Party as "tea party members" or "tea party constituents" - something other than "teabaggers"?

The commonly known definition of "teabagger" these days, as stated in Urban Dictionary, is: "teabagger": n. A man that dips his scrotum and testicles into the mouth of another person. (as if dipping a tea bag into hot water). Now maybe some of the members of the Tea Party, do in fact, take part in this practice. Maybe some of the Democratic Party members or liberals do as well.

I am not a member of the Tea Party, nor do I take part in "teabagging"(the Urban Dictionary definition). I'm no prude - maybe it's fun. But when a member of the Tea Party is referred to as a "teabagger" it's pretty obvious that it's an underhanded smack. I would think that if the liberals and Democratic Pary wanted to be respected by people of varying political beliefs, they'd realize this and knock off the namecalling. I mean, would it be fair for me to walk around calling all my liberal, Democratic friends, "asses", because the donkey is the symbol for the Democratic Party?

How would I be viewed in your eyes? It's certainly not the way to gain anyone's respect. Unless that's not something the Dem's and libs aren't interested in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh brother give me strength..... now please hand me a bottle of green tea.... no more teabags for me, thank you!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails