Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Berlin Eisenhower Division II State Champs! Congrats, Gary!

The New Berlin Eisenhower girl's varsity basketball team defeated Winnecone Saturday in Madison, 59-50, to win the Division II State Championship. I don't follow basketball but this is a special win as the NB head coach is a family friend, Gary Schmidt (middle row, far right).

The team won their conference but wasn't a favorite to win all the marbles. I think Gary, who's been coaching for 9 years and won 5 conference titles, has taken them to Sectional finals once - one game away from state - but this is his first state championship. "We knew how physical it was going to be because of the style Winnecone plays," said Gary in a Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel article Sunday. "And I was really proud how we adjusted to it. We're lean and athletic, but we can mix it up, too.

Gary's known my brother and I since we were kids. He grew up with my Uncle Fran Ircink and Gary's parents drank and played cards with my grandparents. We're close to the Schmidt's (Gary's wife, Bev is a Nowak - another family I mention quite a bit on this blog) - we've been deer hunting and fishing with Gary for almost 30 years. He works his ass off during basketball season and this truly is a fitting reward for him and the team.

I just got off the phone with him to express my congratulations. He's still beaming - and rightly so. We're proud of you and we love you, Gary. (But no matter how great a coach you are, you're still in charge of bringing up Bev's lasagna for the May walleye fishing trip.) ;)

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails