Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Adammay Eakerspay aysay atwhay?

Every time I see our country's Speaker of the House on television or type or utter her name I wanna throw up in my mouth. So I won't - utter her name. On my drive "Up North" Friday, I heard Madam Speaker quoted Thursday on Rachel Maddow's show:

"Think of an economy where people could be an artist or a photographer or a writer without worrying about keeping their day job in order to have health insurance."
What does that mean? Is she encouraging people to pursue their dreams and passions and become artists? Or is she referring to established artists - that they may continue in their pursuit of the arts because the Obama health care plan will cover them whether they're working a "day" job or not? Or is she simply saying that any artist will have access to health care coverage whether or not they have a "day" job? (Did I repeat myself? See - I'm confused.)

Here's one conservative's take on Madam Speaker's take on artistry and the health care bill.

I'm an artist, Ms. Speaker, and the economy you described would be wonderful - in Alice's Wonderland. If artists don't need to have a "day" job in order to have health coverage, what would be their incentive to ever find a full-time job, as long as they can cover the monthly premiums? If every Tom, Dick and Jane pursued his or her passions to the extent that they didn't need a day job but had access to health insurance, my brother would be out in the Northwoods tapping maple trees all day, I wouldn't have to pay COBRA and substitute teach, my buddy Nick could pursue his alternative band while his wife stays home from analyzing her psychiatric patients while teaching her 4-month-old to watercolor and the rest of the world could purse reality television careers.

If everyone took to heart what Madam Speaker (it's difficult for me to even refer to her as "madam") said, who would end up bearing the brunt of the financial responsibility for health care coverage? Would anyone have to work full-time? Someone please tell me what Madam Speaker was driving at because I'm confused.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails