Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Uncle Bob, 14 inches and the proverbial, "I'll shovel the driveway in a minute, Dad!".

Blizzard in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.
It was snowing buckets in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa yesterday. I've talked to a few people back home - my parents, brother Jason, Scotty, Justyna, Nick and Jimmy K. - and there's no end in sight. Not sure what it's like today. Got an email from my Uncle Bob - he's married to my dad's youngest sister, Ev. I love this and wanted to share it with you:

So I'm sitting here with 14" down and a full 18" of blowing snow yet anticipated, 30-40mph wind gust on the western shore of lake michigan before over; wondering why the hell am I here? Given the employees "don't come in" signal; be with your families" I'm the first and last to be at work...coming home with Mike's buddies blocking the drive-way because they got stuck and I've taken a normal 20-minute commute into a 90-minute anxiety attack...serious severe white out...worst I've witnessed...passing no less than 20 cars in the ditch, 20 mph on the freeway, and my wife wondering why I yelled at Mike's buddies for not clearing out the drive-way since I called for 60 minutes ETA to "insure" easy access to my domain....to no avail, I end up digging out; having 2 double slightly dirty martinis...now I sit before you...complete and resolute that I'm the luckiest guy in the world!Because as driving home concentrating in white-out conditions, an O-BEE-WAN experience occurred...count your blessing fool...You've got a wonderful family that loves you; the best daughter-in-laws (and intended daughter-in-law) you could ever have, wonderful grandchildren that really appreciate your time with them, a great job, and with my father guiding me and employees making me look good...what could be better? Just YOU...my family and friends! Thank you...needed to vent and put things in perspective...love you...bob 2/6

Thanks, Uncle Bob. Your words - martini-induced and all (kidding) - ring true. Anytime you or Mike wanna borrow my snow shovel in storage here in CA, let me know.

Love,
Jeff

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails