Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Get off Favre's Ass.

Regarding the post below on whether or not Brett Favre will retire, I want to make one thing perfectly clear. I am sick and tired of hearing about "the Favre watch" or the annual rite where Brett "holds the team at bay" deciding whether or not he wants to retire. Brett NEVER made a big deal about the retirement issue to begin with. THE MEDIA DID. I've made reference to this numerous times on my blog and on other sites, but because the media is nothing but a bunch of douche bags, I feel the need to rant once more (and I feel a decision from Brett is coming any day).

Just like after his 2nd or 4th or 6th season, Brett unpacks his locker at the end of the season and goes home to Mississippi to contemplate the past season while he rides his lawn mower/tractor on his acreage while chasing beaver off the river running through his property. And he and we all assume he's coming back. As the years go by and he finishes his 11th, 13th and 16th years with the Packers, Brett once again packs up his locker and heads home to contemplate life on his tractor and eat beaver - I mean, shoot beaver. It doesn't take a card-carry member of MENSA to assume Favre is getting closer to retirement than when he started with the Packers. Duh. So that begs the media to ask the question, "Will he or won't he?", and thus, the media created this circus - not Brett. The man has earned the right not to rush into any decision. Granted, he should be sensitive to the Packer organization's personnel needs as far as giving them an answer before a specific date, and he is sensitive about it. But the Packers have been "preparing" for Favre's eventual retirement for how many years now? They drafted his heir-apparent in QB Aaron Rodgers and in three full seasons Rogers hasn't played dick. And when he does play he gets hurt. Ya think the Packers were planning for Brett's retirement a little early? Hindsight's 20/20 but if I thought that and I don't know dick about operating a football team, than the Packers should've known that.

My point is take a pill and relax. The man is human and will have to retire at some point - though you'd think after the season he just had it would be a no-brainer that he'd return. I believe he's coming back. Course, I've been saying that every year since the "Favre watch" has began. One of these year's I'll be wrong.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails