Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bobby Knight Retires.

Though it may be considered a tired cliche, Bobby Knight is a coach you either love or hate. It's that simple. He just stepped down from coaching basketball at Texas Tech the other day...perhaps to finally retire. He finished his NCAA career with 902 wins - the most of any coach. He also has 3 NCAA titles - all with Indiana (Big 10) and numerous other awards.

His record obviously speaks for itself. He was an effective coach. He also made sure his players made the grade and graduated. His antics on and off the court with players, refs and the press are well documented. I don't approve of throwing a chair across the court during a game. Do I mind getting a bit physical with his players? No. Do I mind the way he treated the press? Not at all. The media sucks and I wish its members would just get the plague and die. For every 1 person who hates Knight, there must be hundreds who adore him. Ask the players he coached and the people who knew him best. And even if there was one other person who appreciated Knight aside from myself, it still wouldn't matter.

If I were a basketball player, he'd be my first choice as a coach. He'd make sure I was up to snuff academically, and his no-nonsense approach to the game fits my personality almost to a tee. I'm not shy in telling people I have an authority issue but I've also said that, as an actor, if a director chose to treat me in a manner that Knight treated his players - I would have no problem with that as long as I knew that the director believed in me and had my best interests in mind.

I believe Bobby Knight did. Below are some clips you should watch. The first two are classics you may not have seen or heard. I laughed my ass off. The rest give you an overview of the man that some hated - but many more loved.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m1ihZ5xJSNw - This is my favorite. Takes place on HIS OWN SHOW.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yw7KijRfU-c - 2nd favorite. Someone, maybe a player, taped Knight during a half-time meeting.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-vHXiZ_7IOk - Bobby golfing.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=30Ai--MfDfs - Knight doing a military recruitment ad. Remember, his first coaching job was at West Point.

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&brand=foxsports&vid=0040f991-cdda-4993-b93d-af12ce4147da&from=Fox%20Sports&MSNHPHMA - This is a compilation video, which includes him throwing a chair during a game and a number of "assaults" on players and referees.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CddtuzQaoKU - Reflecting on ESPN - a lighter side of Knight.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Ukj6Qi5W_k - Top 10 sound bites from ESPN.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails