Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

sigh. Or, "Serenity now. Serenity now."

My car stalled this morning.

In the middle of one of the busiest streets in LA - Sepulveda. Sonofabitch. The Ircink's are notorious for car problems. Not sure who in the hell is out for us - or what we did - but the car fairies are gunning for our heads. And I've always had an affinity toward them - fairies, gnomes, elves, hobbits, sprites, and other unexplainable urchins. Not these sonsabitches.

It's the transmission. Waiting to hear what exactly the damage is and how this is gonna affect my wallet. As you can imagine, I am not happy.

You know how they say to stay IN your car and you'll be safe? Not in LA. Have you ever run across a rice paddy field in Vietnam under enemy fire and a mortar barrage and felt lucky to get to the other side? Neither have I - but this may be the closest thing to it (no disrespect to anyone who served in Vietnam or in the military, in general). I hate LA drivers. Beeping at me like I have a say in the matter - AND passing me on the left into oncoming traffic no less. One car came within a foot of slamming into the back of the AAA tow truck and...it's just ridiculous. I hope they all die. Assholes.

UPDATE: $900 = new transmission - not rebuilt, installed with a one year guarantee.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails