Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Bowl 42 - A reflection

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had no interest in watching this game, nor was I interested in the outcome. The Green Bay Packers weren't playing so 'who cares?'.

I ended up watching only the 1st quarter as I was at the home of my friend Maria's parents - along with Donovan and Grace (her husband and daughter - I mentioned them in previous posts; I watched all the Packers' games with them). I wanted to see the McCann-Glovers and Maria's parents and I had a wonderfully, homecooked meal. I didn't find out the final score until after the game was over.

Upon finding out that the New York Giants upset the overly confident (Brady to Plexico Burress - '17 points? Give us some credit'.) New England Patriots (I won't say, 'congrats, Giants, as they beat us in the NFC Championship remember), I will say I'm utterly joyous the Patriots didn't complete the perfect season AND that Belicheat gets what he deserves. He flaunted the NFL's rules in the world's face by illegally taping the defensive signals of an opponent during the first game of this season (known as SPYGATE). Whether those tapes made any difference or not in the Patriots' season, Belicheat was fined $500,000, the team was fined $250,000 and they lost a 1st round draft pick. The team turned over the tapes which were then burned by the NFL commissioner. Why - I have no idea. And then the Patriots and the NFL seemingly went on with their business like nothing happened. (I don't think THAT story will end with this season.)

So I say with a clear conscience: Fuck you, Belicheat and the owner, Mr. Kraft. How dare you think you're above the rules that govern the NFL - YOUR employer. How dare you think your actions are above and beyond Coach McCarthy of the Packers or any other coach in the NFL OR owners.

A writer from Fox Sports captured it best - 'They (the Patriots' fans) came for a coronation. They witnessed a decapitation.' You got what you deserved. THIS time - your just desserts happened on earth for ALL of us to witness. 18-1. How does That feel, bitch?

NOTE: Shame on all you fans who jumped on either one of these teams' wagons AND shame on you, Mr. John Travolta, who stated on national TV that, though he's a NY boy he's picking the Patriots in what he hopes is a good game. What a whore.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails