Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Art Garfunkle says...

"It seems that the artist's agenda is to be true to feelings and emotions, fearlessly, so that we can all recognize ourselves. Fearlessly is the key word. We give ourselves a catharsis by recognizing the many colors of human nature, including the darks. My notion of such an artist is one who has the bravery to deal with the complexity of the human heart and psyche. That's where I'm coming from, to the best of my ability." - Art Garfunkle (Simon and Garfunkle)

I know...what made me think of Art Garfunkle? During the 50th Anniversary Grammy telecast Sunday (which I taped but only watched one or two performances), they flashed back to previous award shows and they showed a clip from the 2003 Grammys where Simon & Garfunkle opened the show with, The Sounds of Silence.

Big fan of S & G. I had a high school buddy, Dan Titze (who I haven't seen since but really would like to), and he and I would listen to S & G in his room all the time. Dan played guitar and we'd harmonize. Good times. So after the Grammys on Sunday, I went perusing through YouTube to see what videos they had of S & G and reminisced a bit. It was thoroughly enjoyable.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails