Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Monday, December 22, 2008

"Milk" does a body good.

Saw "Milk" recently starring Sean Penn - the story of Harvey Milk, the first openly gay man elected to a public office in California in 1976 as a member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors. He was murdered, along with San Fran mayor George Moscone, in 1978 by another board supervisor, Dan White, who had just resigned. White was tried, did time and was paroled in 1984. He committed suicide in 1988. Good for Dan.


I have one criticism - Diego Luna, who played Milk's lover, Jack Lira, was horrible - particularly in his opening scene with Penn. I mean, that scene was so terrible that I couldn't get it out of my mind for the rest of the film and anything that Luna did afterwards was meaningless to me. Plus, his character didn't really add anything to the plot. I would've just written him out of the story.

Other than that, I enjoyed the movie thoroughly. If you're one who believes that gays'(?) have less rights than you or I do simply because of their sexual preference, perhaps this movie will make you think differently. No, I'm not saying that because I'm a moderate with many liberal stances (such as gay rights). Or that I have gay friends in the theater. Or that I'm a heterosexual living in California and my brain's been warped by liberal California viewpoints.

I say this because a gay person IS A PERSON, due the same rights as you and I. Theoretically, you can not cherry pick what rights a gay man (or woman) is allowed to have because they're gay (unfortunately, the government doesn't agree). And please don't preach to me those
religious tried-and-true-and-tired arguments from the Old Testament. I've heard them and they're nothing but crutches for the frightened and ignorant.

In case you're blinded by your own zealousness for what you think God deems appropriate behavior by men and woman on Earth, remember this: Jesus kept company with whores, thieves and lepers. He said, "love one another as I have loved you".

How about loving just a little more come 2009, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We do have equal rights, I can't kill anyone they can't kill anyone. As a man, I can marry a woman; and as a man, they can marry a woman.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails