Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"The Changeling" a NOT-see.

I wanted to like it just because I love Ron Howard (producer) and Clint Eastwood (director), but....no - can't do it.

Angelina Jolie plays a mother whose son has disappeared and the police present her with an "imposter son", trying to pass him off as her own child. Seems some psycho is kidnapping children and murdering them; the police can't catch him and they need to make themselves look good. Enter...imposter child.

The problem with the movie (which is based on fact) is that Jolie and her real son never establish the emotional bond in the beginning of the movie in order to make the audience "feel" the mother's loss for her son. No connection. I mean, I didn't have a shred of empathy for her or the pain she "supposedly" was going through. I never really got it that it was HER boy who was missing - or that she cared. She could've been Mrs. Collins the Pirate for all I knew. Though her son is on-screen maybe the first 15 minutes of the film, this connection between mother-son could have certainly been accomplished in a short time span. But Jolie seems detached from the child from the beginning, so I'm thinking the fault lies with Jolie first and foremost, then with Eastwood as the director. My eyes swelled up more watching Pa Walton decide if he wants to sell Walton's Mountain to a hot springs developer.

Which, again, surprises me coming from Eastwood and Howard. Jolie was, in my opinion, terribly miscast in this role and was unimpressive, to say the least. I was gonna say that if she gets any acting nominations for this role I would forcibly choke on my own vomit (I said choke, not die). To my dismay, she's already received a Screen Actors Guild and Golden Globe nomination. So, I'll have to change my wager - if she wins either one I'll choke on my own vomit (but just choke).

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails