Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Friday, March 13, 2009

"Stitches"...sans pain.

I talked about this show a couple days ago. I wanted the pain. I wanted the shock. Nothing. Not that the material wasn't shocking - a woman sewing up her vagina, abusive relationships, masturbating to nude pictures of Jewish women in concentration camps certainly qualify as shock value in my book. But I did some research about the play so it wasn't like I was caught off guard. I don't think I would've been shocked anyway.

Had fun with my friend Marisa though. I'm seeing her again in "Burn This" tonight in Santa Monica...which, honestly, was a better show than "Stitches". Meital Dohan, the female lead in "Stitches", is an apt actress, but she has a thick, Israeli accent and you can't help but miss some of the nuances in the dialogue. The Moor children murders in Britain that offended the world? Marisa missed the reference. I barely heard it only because I knew about it.

Oh - the reference to the concentration camp victims...totally lost in the play as it was the last line the male lead says as lights fade to black. Had it been part of an actual dialogue between the two characters it would have been more forceful. To that end, I can't figure out WHY it was so offensive to people - you barely noticed it.

After the show we talked to the male lead while waiting for Meital to come out (Marisa had done a radio interview earlier in the day with Meital.). Marisa and I sat in the theater and talked about relationships and how complicated they can be - why people stay with people they shouldn't. Good times.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails