Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Mister Rogers meets the Green Bay Packers and the Three Wise Monkeys.

I was perusing Packernews.com for Favre-related stories and found this response under an article on some recent harassment QB Aaron Rogers has been receiving while on the practice field. I laughed out loud.


COOLYOURJETS wrote:
"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....Hi boys and girls. My name is Mister Rogers. Let me take off my sweater and put on my Packers jersey. It has the number 12 on it. Can you say "TWELVE" boys and girls? Now let's go to the land of make believe and visit with Choo Choo McCarthy. He wants everyone to get on board his choo choo if they have the right mind set. Now boys and girls... do you have the right mind set? After that boys and girls... we can all go visit Mr. Barn Owl. He has fluffy white hair and scary dark eyes that never blink. Please won't you be my neighbor?"

8/9/2008 12:04:40 AM

"Mr. Barn Owl" is Packer GM Ted Thompson (middle), flanked by the two other monkeys, Coach Mike "I'm Always Right" McCarthy on the left and President Mark "Howdy Doody" Murphy on the right. I'm sort of torn on the issue of at what point the various Packer websites/media - including Packernews.com - should give the the latest Brett Favre news updates a rest...now that he's not a Packer anymore. I mean, Brett will always be a Green Bay Packer - he'll retire (when he actually does) a Packer. But part of me feels, 'hey...Brett's gone - thanks to the "Three Wise Monkeys" - and the Packer media rightfully should lose him as their darling media boy he's been for 16 years'.

We're all casualites of the "masterful" way (Murphy's words) in which Ted Thompson handled this situation. Why not the media? After all, it's the media that first brought up the question of retirement five years ago or so in Packers' new conferences. "Brett, are you coming back next year?" "Brett, have you thought about retiring?" How 'bout one more year, Brett?" The local media has to suffer as well. Can't have your cake and eat it too - fucking bastards. The Three Wise Monkeys AND the media. Am I wrong?

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails