Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dan Gibson's one lucky sonofabitch / Brian Wilson's "That Lucky Old Sun" in stores Sept. 2nd!

Brian's new studio album, "That Lucky Old Sun", hits stores September 2nd! Go to Brian Wilson's site and check out this promo video on the release.

In the meantime, I have a Facebook "friend" - Dan Gibson here in Cali - who was invited to see Brian perform at s special event here in LA last week (100 people only) and if you'd like to read his first-person account of the event, "My Big Moment with Brian Wilson", click on READ MORE!

I met Brian myself once while running in Holmby Park (near the Playboy Mansion). I was alone and so was Brian. Our meeting lasted all of 30 seconds or so but I'll remember it as long as I live. I'm a Beach Boys groupie - did you expect anything less? NOTE: Oh - whether you like Brian Wilson's music or not, if you like pretty women, you're definately going to want to continue reading this story to the end.

(WAIT! There's more...)

"My Big Moment with Brian Wilson"
by Dan Gibson

Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 11:12pm
Last night I was one of one-hundred people (plus one guest each) to attend a special taping of Brian Wilson performing selections from his forthcoming album: “That Lucky Old Sun” at the Nissan Live Sets in Century City, CA. I was also one of six people selected for a Q&A with Brian in-between sets, but did not know this when I arrived. Before the show Karlyn and I were plucked out from the back of the line waiting to get in; had a VIP badge thrown around our necks; and the next thing we knew we were backstage rubbing elbows with personal friends of Brian Wilson and his band.

We then entered the small & stylish studio. Shortly after, Brian and his band entered and were greeted by a thunderous welcome as they took the stage for a riveting set of Beach Boys classics like “California Girls” and “Good Vibrations.”

Then came for me, the big moment of the evening, the Q&A – the chance to speak to a living legend and my hero, Brian Wilson. I was also keenly aware that whatever was about to happen was being filmed and would later be seen by fans from all over the world.

When my turn came, I nervously stepped up to the small circular platform and looked up into the face of Brian Wilson, gazing down at me. I felt like a rowboat peering up at an ocean liner. Suddenly, I was struck with the notion that this was my chance to say whatever I wanted to a man who has been such an inspiration to me. So, after I introduced myself, I drew a deep breath and proceeded to thank him for his willingness to share his gifts with the world. Brian’s head lowered, and the audience swelled into applause, as if to say, “and that goes for us too!”

I then asked my question, which was “What do you love the most about your new album?” In a very un-Brian-like fashion, he gave a long and multifaceted answer, most of which I was unable to comprehend because I was so preoccupied with wondering whether my knees were going to give-way or not.

The band then proceeded to play several selections from the new album: “Forever My Surfer Girl”, “Midnight’s Another Day”, “Goin’ Home” etc. We were rapt. The first line of the final cut, “Southern California” virtually moved me to tears. The long road had led us home again. Brian was back -- & I was called upon to testify.

Once you listen in on “That Lucky Old Sun”, so you shall too.

PS - Oh, right - the pretty woman.

I was looking online for an album image of "That Lucky Old Sun" to use with this post. So I type in "That Lucky Old Sun" and wouldn't you know the very first image that popped up on Google was this one:

What? Well you knew that The Beach Boys' music has always been about sun, surf, cars and chicks, right? How appropo.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails