Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Birthday to PASSION = TRUTH!

I can't believe it's been a year since I first joined the hundreds of thousands of bloggers across the universe (I'm not that naive to think there aren't intelligent bloggers in other galaxys).


And to celebrate my one-year anniversary - meet Domino, my roommate's new 4-month-old lab-pit mix puppy. She greeted me last night when I arrived back in Culver City from a peaceful, Easter weekend away in Tujunga with Donovan, Maria and baby Grace - whose new nickname is "Brett" (she's crawling like a maniac now). We drove out to Calabassas for drinks with friends and got an ass-chewing from a prospective Los Angles mayoral candidate for smoking within 20 feet of Grace (I won't get into the discussion). Then spent Easter in Laguna Niguel with Maria's family. Anyway, cute dog, Domino. Big, big mistake though - in my opinion. But I'm just a guest so my opinion is worthless.

When I first began PASSION = TRUTH it was as a fun, writing exercise and a way for me to vent. It's been a unique learning process, one I'm continuing to stumble through. Let's see...since March 24, 2007, my friend's baby Grace was born into this world in July; my QB retired from the NFL - devastating news we knew would happen sooner than later, but the Packers had a fantastic year and Brett rode off into the sunset on his terms; blogging has hit closer to home - three cousins, the one cousin's wife, my high school buddy Tony in NY and another buddy Mark in Cedar Rapids all started blogs of their own; made my first trip to NYC for a reading of one of my plays; survived a microburst in Irving Park, and am closer to making some life-changing decisions. I'm nearing 500 posts - with this month setting a single-month record. I've heard from people I haven't talked to years and read comments from people who are only strangers to me. All in all, a very enjoyable experience.

I've talked at length about the responsibility writers with access to the media have in disseminating their opinions and observations in an intelligent manner. Everyone's got an opinion. The 6-year-old I live with has an opinion. Through this mundane, verbose, self-indulgent task of writing a blog I've made in my singular task to present my opinions supported with research and concrete facts that you, the reader, can wade through and formulate your own opinion.

In the process of becoming a "blogging extraordinaire" (right), I've discovered new technologies and fancy widgets that I hope to utilize and make PASSION = TRUTH even better for the next year. I'm intent on getting the blog out to more people and have contacted several blogging consultants for their help. So we'll see where that takes me. Where it takes us.

I hope you've enjoyed perusing. And I hope you continue to do so. And if you remember nothing else from this blog or from life, remember this - PASSION = TRUTH.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails