Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Email from my friend, Donovan

Since moving to California in April 1998, I've been lucky to be able to watch 10-12 regular season Packer games on TV every year. I hate going to bars and watching games in mixed fan company. No patience for asshole fans - and a bit of a temper.

I didn't miss one Green Bay Packer game this season - fittingly, it being Brett's last year. As I've posted before, I watched most of the games at my friend's home - Donovan and Maria and Baby Grace - in Tujunga, near Pasadena (they have the Sunday NFL Ticket). Their #1 team is the Broncos, and the Packers are #2. If our games were on simultaneously, I'd be screaming in one room and D & M would be screaming in the other room and Baby Grace might start to cry and I'd say, "Gracie, come on now - Uncle Jeff is watching his Packer game, baby" - and she'd quiet down 'cause she loves me and she loves Brett Favre. I'd cheer for Denver and they'd cheer for Green Bay (except on that Monday night OT game) and once Denver was out of the playoff race, D & M (and Gracie) switched full-force to rooting for the Pack. It was a memorable year, and that is an understatement.

And their fervor was as genuine and furious as if they had born and bred in Wisconsin. Anyway, Donovan sent me this email the day Favre retired:

Dear Jeff,
I remember the moment in early 1999, when I heard John Elway was leaving the game and it was both a mournful, yet celebratory (in remembrance) day. While I had expected it two seasons ago with Farve, I did not somehow foresee it after that last, wondrous year of football in 2007. It was a wondrous year! Ironically, even though my team did so shitty, it will always remain as one of my more enjoyable football seasons ever. A good bit of that had to do with you. A good bit of that had to do with Brett Farve.


I think that anyone who loves the sport itself is somehow saddened today and, somehow, a bit of a Packer fan. I am.

Donovan
Don't Think Of A Monkey

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails