Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Wisconsin Governor Doyle is a Dolt

While home over the holidays, I wrote a post chastising Wisconsin Governor Doyle for the recent cigarette tax hike (see: http://jeffircink.blogspot.com/2007/12/wisconsin-governor-doyle-is-liar.html)

Seems the honorable gov'ner in Madison has put his foot in his mouth again - by issuing a sttetement thanking Brett Favre for returning to the Green Bay Packers next season:

"Like all Packer fans, I am thrilled that Brett Favre will return to action next year for the green and gold. Brett Favre's tremendous work ethic and willingness to go out and play hard every day represent the true spirit of Wisconsin. I am hopeful that with this announcement behind us, Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers can focus on the task at hand: defeating the Seattle Seahawks on Saturday and advancing to the National Football Conference Championship game. I want to thank Brett Favre on behalf of Packer fans everywhere for his commitment to the Packers, Green Bay, and all of Wisconsin."

Problem is - Brett hasn't said anything. There are "news reports" out there - one from Favre's hometown - that he's indicated he'd like to play longer, but nothing confirmed by Brett. Way to put Favre on the spot AND way to go media for a distraction we don't need before Saturday's playoff game. I HATE THE MEDIA!!!!! I WANT TO KILL THEM!

The governor's office later amended the statement to say Doyle was "excited to hear Brett Favre talking about returning to action next year."

That's better. Better yet if Doyle's publicity office kept their mouth shut until the Green Bay Packer organization confirms ANYTHING. I like what Coach McCarthy said, "I don't know anything about it, and I think it's someone just trying to distract my quarterback."

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails