Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Friday, December 24, 2010

TGIChristmasEveDay! presents...Ray Conniff & The Ray Conniff Singers with "Ring Christmas Bells"!



Not exactly sure what year this video this but this song appeared on Conniff's 1962 We Wish You A Merry Christmas album, so thereabouts...

Conniff was extremely popular throughout his career, as were The Ray Conniff Singers. This rendition of "Carol of the Bells" is a favorite dating back to my childhood. Conniff's take is a bit more dramatic and haunting, as you'll hear when you listen to it. If you feel rushed and don't have a couple minutes to listen to one song, fast-forward to the 1:40 mark and listen to the crescendo of voices - sort of scary in a way. Ha...and I'm not the only person to feel that way. Check out some of the video comments below:

"Very forceful, intense and also kinda scary....like the kind of music you'd hear from cult members..."
SuperSeaweedSoup 18 hours ago

" 'Ring Christmas Bells' used to scare me. I thought that one night I would wake up in the middle of the night and see people surrounding my bed singing that song."
coalsonicmario19 1 day ago

"Those women look like robots."
beastmode307 4 days ago

"I had the goosebumps while listening to this song, one of my fav songs!"
1jojo1jo 6 days ago 1jojo1jo 6 days ago

Listen to it. Don't be surprised if Rod Serling comes creeping up in back of you...

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails