Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

From Mabel to Aunt Rosa...From Katie to Jeff.

This postcard, dated December 26th, 1911, is exactly 99 years old today. Right now. I posted it to my blog at the exact time the postmaster stamped the back of the card - 5:00 pm. It was given to me two years ago, I believe, by my friend Katie. It was sent by Mabel Shafer from Larwill, Indiana to her Aunt Rosa Martin in Los Angeles, California. Katie's from IN and I was, at the time, living in Los Angeles. The postage was 1 cent.

The postcard reads (as best as I can make out):

Dearest Aunt,

How are you? Don't work to [sic] hard out there because life is to [sic] short to kill yourself off by working. I will have to tell you that we have 9 more new pieces for the graphone (something to do with a part for a phonograph?). Well, I will have to tell you if I graduate in the spring I have an organ promised to me. I am always so busy with my school work I don't have time to write to anyone so you will have to excuse me for not writing oftener.

Mabel Shafer and all.

(The address this was sent to is on Cambria St. just south of Wilshire, almost in the heart of downtown Los Angeles.)

Thank you, Katie. Found this in the move back to Wisconsin. Merry Christmas to Rosa, Mabel - and my Katie.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails