Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Look class...say hello to the Hollywood Foreign Press."

Or maybe it's the actors who didn't receive awards at the Golden Globes. Or the New Orleans Saints' defense after the NFC Championship Game this Sunday (11 skulls...). Or my enemies list. :)

Forgot that the Golden Globes were on television Sunday evening – well, with all the hubbub over my Minnesota Vikings’ win against Dallas it pretty much was a Viking raid and pillage night at the Ircink house (don’t ask). Went online and found the winners. My reactions to a few of the awards are as follows:


Best Supporting Actress Motion Picture
Mo'NiquePrecious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire
As long as it wasn’t Penelope Cruz…cool.

Best Actress Television Series, Comedy or Musical
Toni Collette – United States of Tara
I don’t watch this show regularly but I’ve seen a couple episodes. I'm surprised, especially after having seen Tina Fey in 30 Rock.

Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television
John Lithgow – Dexter
As long as Jeremy Piven and Neil Patrick Harris didn’t win…cool. Love Entourage but Piven’s a Chicago tool and I have that confirmed by multiple first-hand reports (people I know well). Sushi Piven IS a great actor...he also acts like he's the most sweetest guy on the planet.

Best Animated Feature Film – Up
Didn’t see it (oops) but heard nothing but great things about it.

Best Actress in a Television Series, Drama
Julianna Margulies – The Good Wife
A piece of belly button lint could win this as long as Anna Paquin didn’t. And the belly lint would’ve truly deserved it over Paquin.

Best Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television – Grey Gardens
Saw this. Excellent. Thanks, Tony - for the head’s up.

Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy
Meryl StreepJulie and Julia
Saw this and I enjoyed it but would’ve written the ending differently. And as long as Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock didn’t win…cool.

Best Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television
Drew Barrymore – Grey Gardens
Either the Los Angeles Times or the New York Times ripped Barrymore a new one for her portrayal of Little Edie Beale. I thought she did a great job. I thought Jessica though was better; she should’ve received the Globe. Anna Paquin didn’t win and that’s….you got it – cool.

Best Screenplay – Motion Picture – Up In the Air
Quentin Tarantino lost for Inglourious Basterds; I gave IB a "C". People of the Jewish persuasion, I think, will love it.

Best Actor in a Television Series, Comedy or Musical
Alec Baldwin – 30 Rock
Don’t watch this regularly but Baldwin’s good. So is Steve Carrell and David Duchovny (I watch both Californication and The Office). Coulda went to any of the three and I’d say. “cool”.

Best Foreign Language Film – "Céard". That’s Gaelic for “what’s that?”

Best Television Series, Drama – Mad Men
Watched the first season. Now I watch it sporadically. If True Blood would have won I would’ve bit the head off a bat.

Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television
Chloe Sevigny – Big Love
Janet McTeer was nominated. I worked with her in a movie...teeny, tiny non-speaking role. I saved her flip flop from being swept out into the Pacific Ocean. Hurt my foot due to the undertow. Do you care?

Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture
Christoph Waltz – Inglourious Basterds
He was the best thing in the movie. I predicted he'd win. I predict he will win the SAG Award and I believe he’ll get an Oscar nomination as well.

Best Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical – The Hangover
I think I’m the last man on earth (besides my dad and brother) who hasn't seen this movie. That’s ‘cause I drink too much and suffer from hangovers. Haha. Hahahahahhahahahahaha. Ha.

Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Comedy
Robert Downey, Jr. – Sherlock Holmes
Loved this movie. Will see it again. Kudos to Mr. Downey.

Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama
Jeff Bridges – Crazy Heart
Didn’t see this but I love JB. Have you visited his website? One of the best I’ve ever been on. Take a looksee at JeffBridges.com.

I knew your day wouldn't be complete without reading my views on the winners. So if you've read all this, here's your reward - KNOWLEDGE. The picture above is from one of the exhibits at the Milwaukee County Museum. Those heads have been up there since I was a kid. Best to hang on to yours, friends.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails